View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 07:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Givenup2018

Originally Posted by flower959 View Post
Things really can't get much more crazy, can they? Yes, oh yes, they can. I hate alcohol anymore and I think I'm gradually becoming a teetotaler because I just hate how it's destroyed my AH and our marriage, along with everything else in the path of destruction.

I know my marriage has been over for quite some time now, I just can't quite make the move to change the living situation. I feel like I'm getting forced out of the house, and I hate him for that. The rare moments of his lucidity sometimes gives me hope that perhaps "this time" he'll get it. He'll see the light and know what needs to be done, and will do it. It's so laughable anymore because he's proven to me time and time again that he's not capable of change. He doesn't want to, truly, even though he talks about how miserable he is. It's so frustrating.

I left the home back in late Jan/early Feb. I went back to see how things would change. They didn't, at least for long. He's not a good husband and not a good friend. So, why am I still here?!
So sorry Flower959 for your pain but only you can answer the question, 'why are you still here.' It is called hope, hope that he will see the light, hope that he will make a decision to give up drinking, hope that your absense will make a difference to him, hope that if he really loved you, he would see the damage. I am sorry to say but this type of hope will not help you. We stay because we are bogged in the mire of 'hopium.'