View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 08:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
DriGuy

Originally Posted by LoneJedi View Post
As for "control my drinking", yes, I don't think I wan't to abstain completely. I let it get out of hand when I am stressed. I believe I could do the moderation management type of program. I can go to a bar with my friends and just have 2 or 3 drinks (no driving, I never drive even after one drink) and stop. But if I am bored or stressed and alone in particular, I will get smashed, thats then the tons of vodka come into the picture. I just have to learn to avoid drinking during those times.

I hope that is okay...if that isn't, I understand, I won't discuss it.
It's OK. Maybe your not an alcoholic, in which case it's irrelevant. If you are an alcoholic, eventually you will know it, and then we can help if you want. I remember thinking when I was younger that my drinking may be a problem, but it wasn't yet and probably never would be. I thought I would just keep on an eye on it, but as it took over my life, it seemed to almost do it when I wasn't looking. And then finally it just got bad, and then quickly got out of hand. I guess you can say you can quit when you need to, and I did, but I wish I hadn't waited so long, because I did a lot of damage, almost all of it to myself.

We always tell little kids not to put their hand on a hot stove, but don't you know it, that's what their gonna do.