View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 09:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Rainheart

Originally Posted by velma929 View Post
I used to supervise a woman who lied a lot. It took me a long time to just. stop. asking. her things - because she'd lie, and I'd be furious all over again.

My husband was an alcoholic, who died about 11 years ago. Even though he drank, I still loved him. I didn't love *living with him* but I was afraid of the financial situation if I left. I once complained on this forum that he never even tried to stop drinking, and someone replied, "He couldn't." Which at some point in his life, was probably true. At some point it isn't a choice any more. It's a compulsion, one that can't be controlled.
@velma929 its so true about none will be able to help about the problem. I learned about that and yet I’m still upset but not as much / crazy. I don’t love him when he’s drunk. I just love to keep my distance by staying in the other bedroom with my dogs & keep my mouth shut 🤐
I feel living with an alcoholic is like living in 2 different ways. I don’t know what’s real and what’s not.

I can says I love my dogs the most compare to him. It’s cruel and bad but I just feel that way. I love him and yet I hate him also. Sometimes i am thinking, if he dies I will feel relief and happy and sad at the same time.