View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Rainheart View Post
Trailmix, thanks so much for the response. Yes you’re absolutely right about he tried to stop drinking because his doc told him if he isn’t stop he might have cirrchosis as he always been that way since his young age.

Yes I never sure if he’s been drink or not, so it’s always in my mind and makes me like I’m crazy paranoid. I can be cool and just ignore and I can just says something and of course the answer no. At the point when he ruined my trust after out from rehab, I told myself to stop looking for the bottles under the sink. And I did good & I can just smell his breath after work and talking to myself “haha you’ve been drinking”
Yes, he has, you know it, don't doubt yourself. You know what you know. He has contributed to your doubt, but you shouldn't let that affect you.

Here is this person you used to know, who lies to your face. That can be hard to take. You ask a simple question, "have you been drinking"? The response is "no". This can make you second guess yourself. Am I just paranoid? Am I seeing what isn't really there because I'm so suspicious? He says I have an anger problem. Instead of questioning your own reality, just know what you know. You are talking to an alcoholic who likes to drink. If you think he has been drinking, he probably has.

The truth is, it doesn't really matter if he has or he hasn't. Things are the way they are and you can't control that and you can't change him. If you want things to change you will have to make that change, for yourself.

You didn't Cause it, can't Control it can't Cure it.

he told me this morning yes he drank more than enough. I can ignore the one bottle and just tell myself you lie, but when it is over the top, I just can’t help myself not to confront him.
Why do you do it? Do you hope he will stop, drinking and/or lying? Do you do it to vent your anger? To prove that he was lying? Some other reason?