View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rainheart

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
As Trail Mix says, he is not likely to change so it is about what you want. Do you want to be with someone who will lie all the time?
Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
My friend, he is already doing the things you are scared he is going to do. The only thing you can control is what you do with that information. You cannot change him, so if you want change, you must change YOU.

Feeling sorry for someone is not a reason to stay. You can care for someone without placing yourself in the line of fire, or sacrificing yourself to make them more comfortable. Sendng you strength and courage to accept him for who he is right now, and to make your plans accordingly.
@PeacefulWater12 & @Sparklekitty,
No, I don’t want to. But I’m torn in between, because when he’s not drinking, he is just nice and mellow guy. He is the type of functioning alcoholic.
When he’s drinking in the term one bottle of vodka ( I have no idea the ml ) he was just act different, but last night it was the worst because he told me this morning yes he drank more than enough. I can ignore the one bottle and just tell myself you lie, but when it is over the top, I just can’t help myself not to confront him. He never abuse me physically but last night he talked pretty ****** and I told him that. Like always, drunk last night and don’t remember anything.

So I asked him, do you remember what did you said last night? I said last night you were really over the top and talked to me like ****, I don’t deserved that unrespectful talked after all I am the only one who’s always stand up for you.
Should I play the recording? I didn’t record it but we have a indoor camera for the dogs. He told me yes he was drank, apologized and told me because of his mom issue and his middle aged son whom never respect him and called him stupid because he went to AA etc. I told him then why always me got the consequences from your drunk talk? I’m the only one who’s always be there for him, especially at this moment.

He explained to me when he bought the vodka and drank it in the parking lot, himself said why you doing it and yet he didn’t stop himself. He said I have to go back to AA meeting talk etc.

I also asked him, so how do you feeling today? He said still ******, sad etc. I said see, I told you the vodka only help you for a few hours, go to bed and voila your problems are still there. Evil vodka don’t help you. He knew that himself is alcoholic, he told me he always craving for the drink but sometimes he said no. But yesterday it was way too much stress for him to handle. Because I never be taught to be responsible because my mom kicked me out when I was a teenager. ( His mom isn’t the greatest mom but I told him to get the connection by calling her every single week and now the cancer issue and he needs to be the one responsible for everything. I get that stress but I expect him to deal with everything in a sober way for his moms sake.

He will be going back to AA meet with his sponsor tomorrow. For me it doesn’t mean I trust him again after last night, no I might never gonna trust him over this one problem.

Yes I changed myself pretty good compare 10 years ago. I can went ballistic every nights, looking the bottles etc. Told myself that I don’t deserved to be treated like that. I have to love myself.

Thanks so much guys and I’ll be still hangin here and we shall see what’s coming when his mom finally passes.