View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 05:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rainheart

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Hi Rainheart. Well, see above where you say what you want (for him to do), that's not what he is doing and it's apparently not what he wants. He wants to drink. He can make promises to you all day long, but it's his actions you need to look at really and his actions are - drinking.

He is not in any kind of recovery, sounds like he is just trying to stop drinking so much right now to get you to cool off. Also you can't be sure how much he is drinking anyway, since he hides it.

Alcohol, to him, comes before everything else. It's not curable, he will always be an alcoholic and he will always have to be careful not to drink, if he wants to stay in recovery.

So what to do? Well it's all up to you of course, you can't change him, he is his own person. So if you are truly done with living with an alcoholic, now might be the time to start making a plan to leave?
Trailmix, thanks so much for the response. Yes you’re absolutely right about he tried to stop drinking because his doc told him if he isn’t stop he might have cirrchosis as he always been that way since his young age.

Yes I never sure if he’s been drink or not, so it’s always in my mind and makes me like I’m crazy paranoid. I can be cool and just ignore and I can just says something and of course the answer no. At the point when he ruined my trust after out from rehab, I told myself to stop looking for the bottles under the sink. And I did good & I can just smell his breath after work and talking to myself “haha you’ve been drinking”