View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 11:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Rainheart View Post
I just want him to be a better sober person like everyone out there who can be sober for a very long time.
I want him to gain my trust back but it seems he doesn’t care. It just lies over lies,
Hi Rainheart. Well, see above where you say what you want (for him to do), that's not what he is doing and it's apparently not what he wants. He wants to drink. He can make promises to you all day long, but it's his actions you need to look at really and his actions are - drinking.

He is not in any kind of recovery, sounds like he is just trying to stop drinking so much right now to get you to cool off. Also you can't be sure how much he is drinking anyway, since he hides it.

Alcohol, to him, comes before everything else. It's not curable, he will always be an alcoholic and he will always have to be careful not to drink, if he wants to stay in recovery.

So what to do? Well it's all up to you of course, you can't change him, he is his own person. So if you are truly done with living with an alcoholic, now might be the time to start making a plan to leave?