View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 07:00 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Glee, so glad to see your post. I love crocuses! There may be some that come in sooner, but I think of them as the first flower of spring. Many times in my hometown I used to see their flowers in bloom above a fresh blanket of April snow.

I got no good news except, on I plow, without a drink, with a clear conscience. For not-fully-understood reasons, I've become a lightning rod at my work place. There's a very vocal group of faculty who attack anything I say ad hominen -- just because I say it -- often things I don't say, things that have a remote relationship with me. Even my dean called today to see if I was "okay." I am, of course -- mind-wise and soul-wise. (My body's showing its age, but that's another story.) Upside: the antagonism gave me an excellent excuse to decline a nomination to be department chair. Also, it's definitely showing me whom I can trust, professionally -- and whom I can't.

I hope the rest of you are loving life a little more than I am, lately. I've never felt more my signature than I do this spring.

Hugs to everyone, good people.