Thread: A year on
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 02:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wombaticus

A year on

Hi. It's been a long time since I logged on. This week marks a year since my marriage ended. I've been to hell and back, but it's a year I will never, ever have to go through again. I've rebuilt my little family, helped my child through major mental health issues, moved twice, rebuilt my friendship group, been out and had fun, exercised regularly, lost some weight, and working on sleeping better. Most importantly, I'm remembering who i am - away from the gaslighting and put downs.
I wouldn't go back to AH for any amount of money in the world.
Coparenting is hard and I'm trying to limit how much we have to communicate.
But grief still hits hard sometimes. It mainly hits when I have both of my children, and it is time to say goodbye to one until I see him again. I had a vivid dream last night that has shaken me.
Changing my identity from married to separated, and soon towards divorce has been a challenge.
For anyone out there who is struggling and feels like they are stuck ... just keep moving forward. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other - even if it is only one cm at a time - it is still progress. The real you is on the other side waiting with open arms, knowing you are good enough.