View Single Post
Old 04-06-2021, 04:54 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Noam19

Good morning everyone. I'm really loving this spring weather, makes such a difference in my mood. Makes everything seem a little less daunting.

Last night my wife and I had to take our kids to CVS to get their passport photos done. Yesterday was a bit of a stressful day and I was just wandering the aisles...the alcohol aisle happened to be right there next to where they were doing the photos. I strolled down that aisle, saw the pints of vodka I used to grab on quick stops at this same store. Sometimes you have weird feelings of not quite nostalgia, but almost muscle memory. I had one of those feelings. Not a craving at all, I had no desire, in fact my thought was "i'm glad I don't have to do this anymore". But part of me wishes I didn't even have that weird muscle memory feeling. For a second there I was second guessing whether or not I was actually making progress if just walking down this aisle stirred some sort of feeling. Maybe the progress is better measured in that my thought was "I'm glad I don't have to do this anymore" and the fact that I returned to the front to my family a man who's 8 months alcohol free and doing great.

In for 24.