Thread: Drugs
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 11:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Aa_vark

Hi Smitty -

Crack brought me to my knees. I also used pot daily, and was a blackout drinker to boot...

one day, in the middle of a week run, while i was crawling around on the carpet looking for peices i MUST have dropped.... I had a sober thought...Just the spark of an idea - that i neeeded help to quit... I Decided to quit, and check into a rehab that day... just decided...That idea stayed with me through the rest of the binge, and i got the courage to ask my family to help me get into a rehab... it took a month to finally make it in, but i was ready to try to live clean, and knew i would have to change everything... My next 20 days, i spent in rehab... In rehab, there was this consoler, who told me that I would HAVE to surround myself with people that had found the way to live clean...NA meetings every day, AA meetings every day...Thats where addicts recover, and live clean every day... They helped me, and we can help you... Please get yourself to a meeting, and ask for help... NA can help, and the 12 steps work, if you work them...

Aaron