View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Needpeace6

Does AH have rehab romance?

I'm new to this forum. I read through a bunch of old posts on this subject and wanted to hear your thoughts.
My AH got out of his first rehab 1 week ago after using and trying to get clean on his own. The day he got home he said he met a lot of awesome people and plans to keep in touch with them. From the day he got home he's kept his phone attached to him, when he's sitting next to me texting he would keep it tilted away so I couldn't see the screen. He said that he talks about issues with the people he met in rehab that are private. I respected that and didn't push it.

When he was in active use and before I started naranon I would constantly check his phone and call/message log to try to figure out what was going on. I stopped doing that but of course returned to insanity... the first day he left the house on his own I checked the call/message log only looking to see if he was reaching out to dealers. I found that he's been texting with one number much more than any other numbers, and sometimes through the night and in the early morning. This made me start to analyze things, I feel like he's acting differently towards me.
One day he showed me a message and I saw it was from the number he's always texting. He tells me that it's girl X from rehab. A few days later he asks me to help him find his phone list from rehab, I do, and I notice that the number he's always texting is not the person he said.
So deeper into insanity I go... I went on his social media and found the girl who he's in constant communication with.
Later that day I decided to try to look in his phone, passcode used to be my birthday but now it's not. He says he changed it because I shouldn't have access to look in his phone. That he's having private discussions about his feelings and messed up things he's done and his new friends and needs to be able to freely express himself.
So I continue trying to figure out his passcode. I'm convinced he's at least got an emotional relationship with this girl. So I go back on facebook, find out her birthday, put it in for the passcode and his phone unlocks. My heart sank. My plan was to look in the text messages but he was in the room and saw me with his phone and I couldn't hide my feelings of anger/disgust/ sadness. I lost it on him.
He's telling me I'm crazy and that he only put her birthday because he thought I wouldn't guess it and that is know any of his other passcodes. That I'm the only one for him and he loves me and only wants to be with me.

There's more to it, little things here and there that gave me this gut feeling. I know I should trust my gut but the other half of me is thinking that I can't give up because if he really is only speaking with her for support for the both of them, then I don't want to throw our relationship away.

I'm at a loss for what to do. A huge part of me wants to continue to do what I know is insane and try to see what their communication has been. A sliver of me says walk away. And part of me says trust him and don't feed into the insanity. Any advice or thoughts?