Old 03-26-2021, 07:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by DG
Basic survival as in "not dying" often serves us well with a half-assed approach.
Fascinating! I recognize 3 primal survival modes; flight, freeze and flee. Bear with me, I'm a bit off as with interacting with people in life and its more difficult with online conversations.

Normally I refute black and white thinking. I'ts just odious in nature IMO. The emotional SHOCK resulting from rampant decades of alco/drug abuse became a focal tipping point for me. I never really grasped the 'stop drinking by any means method' until addiction hit me with a emotional punch to the gut.

Early in my recover in 1997 I had a craving to know all about recovery approaches. I used the public Library, early web, Jr. college courses, psychology, SR and the arts (I like painting on a canvas & outsider art) to fulfill my interest. Only some decades later did it all click when I was in a total emotional breakdown. Fascinating side point, The Faith Based Group Of ** may call this experience as 'surrender'. I had to final let-go of booze & pills. Will it stick? Darn my crystal ball is in the polishing shop tonight.

Stay tuned for an another wonderful adventure of = life goes on in recovery.
Blessed Be & Namaste
You might not but WE can!