Old 03-12-2021, 11:10 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Kaily

I would be lying if I said I don't miss some aspects of drinking. Unfortunately those have to be forfeited for a sober life. I don't miss the bad stuff which by far outweighed any pleasure it ever gave me.

Alcoholism is like a growth, it starts of small but keeps growing bigger and bigger until it is totally unmanageable in any shape or form. Suffocating the life out of life itself.

I still have very mixed emotions when I see all the bottles lined up in isles at the supermarket. It is like a forbidden fruit, tempting me, yet not. It scares me. I only have to put my hand out and it will be mine-again. That friend that turned bad or the lover that left.

If I didn't have SR I don't think I could do it. I need the reminders, the support and the accountability. Sometimes when the cravings are strong and my thoughts become mixed, I plan to delete my account so I can isolate and drink without guilt. It hasn't happened. That proves what a great resource it is. I feel a commitment to everyone here not to drink.

Thank you.