Old 03-07-2021, 12:01 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Tanky

Phoebe, sounds like a good plan. I am still unable to cry. Feelings haven’t returned for me - apart from anxiety, depression and occasional anger. Not more than a squeezed out drop since I first began trying to quit in October last year.

I can’t remember the last time I did cry. Like full cry without trying to force a few drops. Is funny to me , because while I kind of enjoyed being totally emotionally numb at the end of my drinking -because it helped me do my work . It was something I hated in my parents. And yet there I was living it , too. And giving that same shite to my kids.

It is day 15 again for me today and I have finally started to emerge from the cloud of mental health that has been with me for most of my early attempt at sobriety. I haven’t had significant suicidal thoughts in days and I have stopped making actual plans. I am not even depressed, really. I haven’t quite had the strength to get rid of the means I have stockpiled. But maybe soon. It is such a huge relief. To put down the weight of mental health. I also feel like the penny has finally dropped for me with alcohol. I really do want to be sober. I reallly understand I cannot ever take 1 drink.

I hope it all lasts .