Old 02-28-2021, 10:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Delilah1

I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad. I have lost both of my parents and it is extremely difficult. When my dad died I was still drinking, so I drank to avoid dealing with my grief, which was not healthy. When my mom died two years ago, I had three years sober, and I dealt with my grief, I cried, and allowed myself to feel sad. I surround Dee myself with friends and family, and loved hearing stories they had about my mom, with COVID this might be something you need to do virtually. I also went for walks alone each day to clear my mind and to have some time to talk to my mom and get out how I was feeling, I wasn’t talking out loud (at least I don’t think I was!) but three walks really helped. I took a few of my mom’s sweaters, and some of my dad’s shirts, and wearing them still brings me comfort.

My dad will be gone 11 years this week, and my mom has been gone for two years. I still miss them and think of them each day, but the pain has lessened. I hope you’ll find comfort in the memories you have of your dad.

Sending lots of love your way.
❤️Delilah