Old 02-28-2021, 03:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WhyNotNowMe

Learning how to deal with my dad passing away

I had over 11 month sober until I slip and got drunk to get away and think about buying a house. It didn't really help the alcohol. Don't know because I was so long without alcohol or what. By the 10% beer I got didnt hit me like it did. I felt nothing and it's most likely why I didn't drink for 7 days straight but 2 days. Well, the day after I stop drinking I found out my dad was in the hospital 😭 and he was on life support and hospital would only let two people see them and he didn't want to be on life support.

It's going to be a week this Monday. I been keeping myself busy with work. It's something that I don't know what else to do. I don't have Desire to drink alcohol. I know me drinking will not get him back and the effects I got out of it last week didn't give me that feeling I wanted to Escape. Which is why I have no desire to drink alcohol. It want give me what I want and not even in the short run.

I just don't know what else to do. I remember my dad wanted to hung me before I left from my parents place but I told him, can't do that stuff because of Covid. But I was being a dick at the time because I don't like doing that stuff.

Any advice with people who lost their parents beside the Obvious not to drink.