Thread: Isolating...
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 01:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BlueMoon
once in a . . .

Isolating... I know it's not the best thing to do for some reason, but I crave it.
Yep, I understand that feeling - heck - it's where I LIVE lately. (sigh)
I KNOW it's not 'good' for me, that I tend to feel worse if I let myself do it for too long - but it's what I *WANT*. Being alone in my own little apt is immediate gratification and that's what I want/need/feel I deserve sometimes.

I LOVE the night time -it's dark, it's quiet, the phone doesn't ring, no one knocks on the door - and there's really weird stuff on tv at 3am to amuse me.

Now that I'm working, I can't hide in my house for several days sleeping anymore. I think this is why my depression has felt worse lately....because I've lost one of my "coping" methods.
I think that makes ALOT of sense! Not only are you coping with a new job, you've lost a coping method to boot! That you feel the need to isolate now??? Makes perfect sense to me - (and I think I've done the same thing in the past but for the life of me, my memory banks aren't working today!) - Maybe when the newness of it all wears off a bit, the craving to isolate will subside a bit?? Personally, I think dealing with anything new is just plain *icky*. So we deal in ways that we can. In the grand scheme of things, wanting to be alone isn't all THAT bad. (ya know??)

Yep, I'm dealing with me isolating right now - for the past 2 months really, but it's getting more extreme lately. For me, it seems to be a seasonal thing - both the holiday and their memories as well as the shorter daylight hours. THAT makes no sense if I've just said I love the night time - but my feelings rarely *make sense*.

I haven't figured out a way to make myself "snap out of it" yet. I think this at least boarders on self-destructive behavior for ME.
It just takes so damned much energy to make myself DO things - to make myself go outside - and TALK to people??? *eeeeeeeeeeeek*

Wish I had helpful thoughts for you. ALl I can say is that I know the feeling - and for me, it's worse if I beat myself up over it. I just have to try day by day - hour by hour - - - -

Blessings,
Blue