View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
knowthetriggers

Sharing my update

Hello everyone! Hard to believe that my last post was in July of 2018! I said I would try to post more often and look at that, 2 ½ years gone by. I think of this forum quite often. I may not be here to post daily but this forum is on my mind more than you think.

First things first – my RAH has been sober for 4 years now. As the years past he has opened up to me more and more about the things he used to do and how he would “hide” his alcohol, where he would “hide” his alcohol. He amazes himself how far he has come and cannot imagine living like that again. He says he feel free from the bondage of addiction. He is still doing very well with his management position he found in December 2017 (or was it 2018).

Me – well I moved from my toxic job situation in March 2019 and never looked back. I look a leap of faith and took a position that I have NEVER done before. My supervisor believed in me and she has been such a wonder mentor. It is almost a fairy tale; I was so unbelievably miserable at my old job and now this job is too good to be true. I love what I do now and the people I work with are amazing. I have been working from home since March 2020 due to the pandemic. During that time, I became ill and underwent surgery. All is good now and I am all healed up. Just doing the best we can during this weird time of virtual everything!

Now my two DD’s – I am such a proud mom! My oldest graduated from high school in June 2019. She has since landed a fantastic “big girl” job making some “big girl” money and continuing her education thru on-line college. She is focused on cyber security and is working in that field right now. Has a 4.0 GPA, bought her own car a little over a year ago. She is on a roll. Best news is the relationship between her and her dad (my RAH) has mended beautifully. They are very close now and even meet up for lunch on some days. She has really blossomed into a vibrant young lady. There is no stopping her!!

My youngest DD is a Freshman in high school. Virtual school has been a challenge for us, but we do our best to keep her interested. Unfortunately for her she missed her ‘senior” year in middle school and her entire Freshman year in high school. There are no sports, no hanging with friends, no skating rinks, it really sucks. So, my RAH and I try to take her to out to learn to drive in empty parking lots. And sometimes we go to PetSmart to see kitties, masked up and social distancing of course. She and I are home all day together. I work at my desk in my bedroom and she goes to school in her bedroom. I really enjoy being home with her and our animals.

I came here so many years ago lost and broken and so many of you helped me thru some tough times. If you are a newcomer please do yourself a favor and, listen (read) with an open mind. Breathe. Make time for yourself. Not everyone’s story is the same. Not everyone’s outcome will be YOUR outcome. Take what you want and leave the rest. Be gentle with yourself and most of all, NEVER give up on yourself!!

Love, peace and hugs to all of you
~Knowthetriggers