Old 02-13-2021, 01:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CaliButterfly

Great job so far! Almost a week is an excellent milestone and you can keep building on it. I posted the following in a different thread and wondered if it might inspire you... I woke up about 3 weeks ago feeling like hell as I always did, and thought to myself, I have got to get a grip. So I took out a college-ruled spiral notebook and wrote down all of the values/benefits/appreciations of sobriety. It didn't take me long to fill half the page and still continues to grow. I tried to put the pros of drinking on the right side, and I only came up with one. Temporary buzz followed by a morning of shame, regret, remorse, depression, and self-pity. What pleasure is that? I read again the sobriety pros, and again, and again. It clicked. Nope, the chains just aren't worth the laundry list of sacrifices. So I smashed my AV (Addictive Voice) in its proverbial face, repeated to myself "I don't drink, I never will again, and I won't change my mind", and I haven't looked in my rearview. If I can offer one suggestion it's this. Try writing down the list. Add to it as things crop up that you are happy about not drinking. You would be amazed how long that list gets. Good luck and don't give up. I don't have to tell you it's worth it to be free again.