View Single Post
Old 02-07-2021, 11:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
owen90

Drank at weekend, day 2 again.

Posting here keeps me on the straight on narrow throughout the working week...but as soon as I hit Friday night, I kick back with a few beers with my fiancee. I had fun and nothing bad happened, with no desire to drink more yet...

I am riding this dangerous wave of drinking in moderation again. I can hear alarm bells sounding off every time I hear the pop of the can and I know all of you disapprove because you can see where it might lead. I just can't seem to totally let go and stop. I want to because I know how easily I can fall off the tightrope, but it's hard to see that when beer is on the mind after a stressful week and everything else in life is going great.

If nothing else, posting here throughout the week keeps me in check and severely limits my drinking. I never drink alone, always with a friend, my Dad or my fiancee. If I didn't post here, I would struggle to not drink anything on the weekdays. I doubt I could limit it to Friday and Saturday without the support here.

I am continuing to play with fire and I know I will get burnt. I guess I am clinically insane.

I posted this to come clean, as I have to be honest with myself and especially all of you.

Day 2 again.

Owen