View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
meli2005

Last night was a horrid night

Last night, came home from work. AH was drunk, very much so. He was falling all over the place drunk. I was mad of course. He has bipolar and is in the midst of medication changes, which have had a disastrous effect on him!! We are going back to the old meds, they worked, he was not happy with the weight gain caused by them.

Anyway, he tried to call a cab to leave to go to a hotel. I told him he is too drunk, so he went out on the porch and fell and hit his head on the concrete. Blood is going everywhere. I got worried and called 911 and they came to get him. He spent last night in hte hospital. He got out this morning at around 7am. It felt like a relief for them to take him to the hospital.

Anyway, been on the phone with the psychiatrist today. He is going to start seeing him weekly till we get these meds back together.

Meanwhile, I am just at the end of my rope. Reserves are very low. I am praying for a miracle. But at some point, I don't think I can keep going on like this. Dealing with alcoholism is bad enough, then you add bipolar to the picture....

He got 5 sutures to his head. He is being sober tonight, says he has no desire to drink. The mania really makes him want to drink like crazy and do other nutty things.