Old 01-17-2021, 12:52 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Willow00

Great post Hawkeye, thank you for sharing your story, it’s very inspirational.

I’m grateful to be be starting a new job.
My previous job was very stressful, and I realised that my previous job was a big factor in my poor mental health, which was significantly contributing to my struggles. I really want a long term sober life, and I realised that stopping drinking wasn’t enough. I really had to rearrange my life and make positive changes in every aspect of my life, not just my downtime. I had been focussing on diet, exercise and positive thinking in my time off work, but when I was at work, I was constantly anxious and stressed and it was encroaching into every aspect of my psyche, even into my dreams at night. I was not only worrying about work in my time off, but I was having so many scary, anxious dreams at night. So I quit my job and started applying for new jobs in a less stressful environment. Oh my goodness, what a sense of relief! And guess what! I got a job. Three days a week, reasonable pay, low stress. I am so happy

Today I’m sober and starting a new job and I am filled to the brim with gratitude ❤️