Old 01-16-2021, 03:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
TheAten

Originally Posted by Allabouteve;[url=tel:7576332
7576332[/url]]Hi guys, it was interesting to read your thread because I've been on the receiving end of abusive texts and drunken voicenotes and I can tell you, it's not very nice!!! My partner has a problematic relationship with alcohol and I have forgiven him for doing this. He couldn't even remember what he had said to me and was mortified. He was truly sorry and felt awful about it (well I hope he is genuinely sorry and not manipulative). I've chosen to forgive him but believe me, it's awful to be on the receiving end. Well done on getting sober.
I can only imagine how awful it is AAE, and believe me, it’s horrifying and shameful to look back on some of the stuff I sent and said. There are no excuses for it, and after offering profuse and unconditional apologies, the only way forward to prove my remorse was to change. I’m glad this thread helped someone on the receiving end as well as those who have done this. Just as an aside - when I sent abuse and bile, it very often had little to nothing to do with the person I was sending it to; mostly, it was projection, as the ugly feelings I held inside that I felt about myself would be projected into the world and anyone in the firing line would receive that hate. Absolutely unreasonable and inexcusable, but the truth. The point being, please, please, please don’t take it personally, no matter how much it hurts. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with that person.