View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 03:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by FiveX View Post
I think I am tired of the hard fights.

I had a date night with the wife. A rare occassion. Drank a cocktail and two glasses of wine. I definitely wanted more but theres no booze at my house so I just slept.

I will see how long I can last starting today.
Hi FiveX,

I know you haven’t forgotten your post from Nov 4th:

I am dead serious about never drinking again. This last relapse was the end for me. Finishing up Day 4. I am mostly feeling good but still have some little aches and pains and odd feelings in my upper body but particularly my dreaded liver area. Those are scaring me the most at this moment but I know that the hard work of staying sober hasn't even started yet. I can hear my addiction talking to me.
I have been on this forum day and night reading old threads and what a great resource! One thing I would love is the ability to save a particular post out of a thread is that possible?

You’ve just decided to ignore it’s importance because you miss that old drunken you. You were not on the fence back in November. You were loving your new life.

The problem is, you have decided to take advantage of a unique and magical power in the posession of former addicts who have allegedly pledged to never drink again. You have the power to bring a living being back to life after being essentially killed off. You had memories of the old drunken lifestyle and that actually consisted of a complete way of living - a complete way of thinking, acting, deciding, valuing, and socializing while drunk - trying to fit into human society, like a lot of people do who drink to drunkeness on a regular basis creating a whole life of drunkenness that does NOT want to die.

The fight is NOT to struggle with being abstinent. It is a fight to NOT exercise that magical power of bringing back to life something you KNOW you should leave dead.

GT