View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hodd

I’m not so pessimistic although it’s annoying this pandemic popped up in our time.

Remember, the Spanish flu, which was so named as other countries were too demoralised after WW1 to report further bad news, and Spain decided to let the world know, fizzled out after a couple of years. That virus mutated into colds and flu, the various forms of which are still mutating and with us today. Covid-19 would presumably also have mutated into less harmful forms.

Apparently, as I don’t believe any figures, the number of healthy under 60 year olds in the UK to have died from Covid is under 400. The amount of road deaths in that age group in the same period must be way higher. I don’t think I’m a Covidiot, and I can see it’s a serious virus, but to impose a lockdown on healthy youngsters who are supporting the economy does seem to be overkill. I’m far more likely to be killed driving in my car - I’m supposedly a key worker so am allowed to drive still - than from Covid.

Hopefully this odd situation will end soon, but I’d advise people to be careful what they read. The amount of bs is astronomical.

I haven’t seen any figures to show increased drinking, but I can see the boxes of beer stacked up in supermarkets. The liver and cardio health knock on effects of Covid lockdowns will linger on for decades, so let’s all stay healthy, steer clear of booze and get some exercise. We’ll all be the healthiest people out there when Covid’s gone