View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 09:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Hi Trailmix - his behavior has gotten so much worse. His behavior is completely inappropriate and out of control. His buddy was bringing his 11 year old son over for the football games and he stopped because AH can’t control his mouth. I don’t mean just swearing, the content is disgustingly inappropriate. Absolutely no filters. And, yes, I’ve told him to watch it, asked him, begged him and it just gets worse.
I read your earlier posts from 10 years ago, so this is an ongoing thing with him, the inappropriate talk with young people in particular. Obviously that's not going to change.

I'm sorry you have to put up with this! It's got to be very difficult.

Unfortunately at this juncture, you are probably wasting your time. Anyone who has been at this for that long and has not changed one iota, probably isn't going to. Alcoholism is progressive and nothing you say or do will change that.

You didn't Cause it, can't Control it and can't Cure it.

You may want to start planning your exit from this situation? With his behaviour as it is it sounds like your home is no longer any kind of haven for you and you risk being totally isolated with him (as he isolates himself from others with his inappropriate behaviour).