Old 01-05-2021, 08:30 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
phoebe64

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Welcome back, Phoebe; I am so sorry that you have been struggling but it is very good to see you.

Hope that today’s appointment went/is going well. Well done on being proactive.
Leigh! Thank you. Good to see you too, along with many wonderful people here. 💕

So, my dr has left the practice to a new location in the city that isn’t doable for me. I hate driving there, it’s 40 minutes or much more if traffic. It’s a large group, but none are taking new patients. I’d been sent a letter in July from my dr, recommending two colleagues, yet, couldn’t get a dr yesterday. There’s a new one coming in March. I pushed, and a nurse was supposed to call me, but, that hasn’t happened. This is completely related to covid surge and that they are beyond capacity to deal with the distance regulations and sick people, plus the rise in cases like mine...anxiety and depression, etc...

So, I’m dr shopping online, and might call a new practice, though it’s in the hospital. I really don’t want to go in the hospital for appointments during this time. I’m in Massachusetts, btw. It’s bad here right now. I’m high risk with T2 diabetes and now, hypertension. Ugh.

Bright side, I’m monitoring at home per ER advice, and numbers are down, though not normal. I probably still needs meds. It’s only day 4 for me. Maybe it will get even better as I progress in sobriety.