View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 04:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
shammy

Originally Posted by Sober45 View Post
Keep looking for ways to distract and self soothe... hot baths, deep breathing, food. I ate a lot of sugar and binge watched tv early on.
I had the most intense craving for Hamburger Helper later on last night when I couldn't fall asleep. I went to the store and bought some. I stared at a bottle of wine for a minute but said let's walk around the store. I decided on a case of La Croix passionfruit instead.

Last night I was up every couple hours where I'd typically be passed out wasted snoring so bad my throat hurt in the AM. It took me about 2 hours to finally fall asleep. Today I woke up to day #3 sober with no regrets for drinking yesterday. A bit tired with only a few hours of sleep but sober.

I know it's small and silly but I can't remember a morning cup of coffee tasting so good!

I'm not even kidding myself today will certainly be harder than yesterday so I'm taking it as I go: focus on the 10 minutes when the wave hits. I'm going to go for a random drive on some country roads which is something I used to love and haven't done in years after work today. Then make some pasta sauce and crack a book. I have a few I haven't read yet. I feel reading is different than TV with my wine so I'm going that route to get lost in the story. I'll be lurking all day and night for sure.

I need to find who posted the quote but it's something I've come back to dozens of times over the past two days: "I am worthy, I am enough!"