View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 08:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
snitch

Brilliant! That's how it is done. One day at a time. One craving at a time. The early days are tough. Its everywhere and our addiction is used to being fed. So what you are experiencing is completely normal. You are going to get those urges. Alot. Its imperative to not give in to them. They will be uncomfortable. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my own skin sometimes but they do pass and and uncomfortable as that feeling is it won't kill you. Many times I would tell myself , not today. When a bad craving hit I would say I am not going to pick up today. If I still feel this way tomorrow I can drink tomorrow but not today. Then of course it passes.

Be prepared to experience this for a while. You are changing neuron pathways in your brain every time you say no and it is quite exhausting but so worth it. I havent had to pick up a drink in 2 years and 8 months now , a day at a time and despite sometimes having thoughts of drinking j haven't experienced that real nagging urge in quite a while and I can easily swat those thoughts away like an annoying fly so it does get easier.

Well done and keep going.

♥️🙏♥️