View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 08:11 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
mirage

Well done, venus! I admire you for sticking through a diet in 2020. lol Motivation was not my strong suit. I'm feeling great and positive today, though, for some reason. I'm excited to put this year behind me and move forward. It's already 2021 for Dee and Aussie. Did you stay up to ring in the new year?

Your Christmas sounds lovely, Aussie! Glad you got to spend time with your parents. Mine (they are 82) came over on Christmas Eve for about an hour, to exchange gifts. I had covid dreams that night. Ugh. I'm so worried about them, can't wait till they can get vaccinated, I will feel better.

We went up north for a few days after Christmas. It was really nice, the lake was frozen (doesn't always happen in Dec.) and there was snow so we were able to get out on the x-country skis. It was beautiful and refreshing. We just went up with one of the boys, the other wanted to stay home alone. After 2 days, he was saying maybe we could come home early. lol He got a little lonely by himself after awhile, he's not used to it. We didn't come home though, I wanted 3 nights up there. Anyway, I thought that was cute, as he's 19. lol (It's hard now too cuz there's just nothing to do. Can't hang out with friends, etc. due to covid.)

We're doing Chinese food or pizza tonight and will watch the NYE festivities on tv. Xmas tree is still up so it looks pretty in here. We'll take it down tomorrow probably. It's real and not drinking very much, so much longer and we'll have needles everywhere.

Anybody ever make candles? I've been thinking about making candles lately. Just wondered.

So Happy New Year, friends! A new year to ring in, with our sobriety to be thankful for and proud of. Love you guys, here's to a better 2021 for us ALL.