View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kelly0303

Question I need your help?

I know that I should probably be on the Family and Friends page but I think you guys can help me a little more. My hubby (I believe) has a drinking problem. And I am not here to bash anyone for there drinking behaviors. I want to learn about what your reasons and thinking behind it all. Did something cause you to start? What did it take to realize that this wasn't the life you wanted. I am just wanting insight so that maybe I can figure out what to do next without my marriage falling apart. He drinks daily, goes to work, he seems pretty functional but as I have been told it progressive so this may just be the start. I am worried about his health. We have a 2 year old and I do not want her to grow up around this. He did and seen way to much as a child. I know that I CAN NOT convince him to change or stop him. He has to do that. But I want to have as much knowledge as possible to deal with this. He tried to quit a month ago but it only lasted 4 days. He had convinced himself liquor made him mean NOT BEER. So he started drinking beer again. Slowly but surely we are back to the liquor. Do any of you suggest going to an AA meeting and sitting in? Is that possible? I just need KNOWLEDGE. So please help. Thank YOU!!!