Thread: Check in
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 04:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

Hi Stewy,

Everything you've articulated seems very familiar to me.

I'm 47 and I credit my spiritual growth with giving me a completely new outlook on life.

Two things have helped me a lot. First, was learning to trust. Trust the unfoldment, trust the process, trust that we are capable of dealing with anything that comes our way. It helps to live in the moment, to realise that anxiety about the future is sending our mind somewhere that hasn't happened yet and may never happen while depression about the past is sending our mind somewhere that cannot be changed and should thus be accepted.

I've also learned to feel into my heart more. I am a 'mental' person, I've spent most of my life in my mind. I'm learning to drop into my heart. The heart is where trust happens. Faith in a higher power comes from the heart, not the mind. Just as it is with love, compassion and kindness. The mind is a powerful thing but it should serve our hearts, not the other way around, IMHO. The heart longs to love, to sing with joy, but the mind tells it all these stories. I'm learning to tell the mind to just shush for a bit and let the heart lead. Even so-called fearful things to the heart are lessons - lessons perhaps in compassion, perhaps in temperance, perhaps in gratitude.

In this way, life is a journey, and things happen moment-by-moment. There is nothing to be feared.