Thread: Check in
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alcoman447

Check in

Hi all,

Checking in, nearly 6 months sober for me now, I've embraced aa this time around and getting stronger each day of which I appreciate

One thing that often niggles away at me each day is my fear of ageing, fear of losing people around me and not living life to the fullest potential. Some days it's a nagging and other days it can be persistent overwhelming thoughts of one day I'm not going to be here, that everyone is going to be dead and what's the point of everything. I know that sounds pretty extreme and I do tend to overthink, which doesn't help in all situations

I'm not sure I'm articulating it very well, I just worry about my mum and dad and people around me. I'm 36, not exactly old by a long stretch. I know these concepts are rooted in fear but sometimes I find it difficult to shake and it stops me from enjoying my life at times

I've taken the first step, admitting I'm powerless over alcohol, but there is so much more for me to discover and life scares me

Has anyone experience of this, I try and practice gratitude, I've got a great family, daughter and beautiful girlfriend and they all need me. I just sometimes feel like I'm sinking back into feeling sad, think I need someone to just zap me into action haha!

Stewy x