View Single Post
Old 12-27-2020, 08:36 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
kenton

Hello team! Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas. Sorry I haven't checked in for a while ... I've been lost in a maze of lego, baby yoda toys, wrapping paper and mince pies. It's been wonderful. Congratulations milestoners and everyone committing to another day of glorious sobriety. And it is glorious. I've had this mental image for a while now.... It's a bit bonkers but what the heck, I'm going to share. So, do you know those machines that shoot out tennis balls when people are having tennis lessons? So, in my mental image, I'm facing one of those machines but it's not shooting out tennis balls .... It's shooting out stress and upset and misunderstandings and cruelty and disrespect and irritation and ... You get the picture. It's shooting out loads of the stuff life likes to whack towards each and every one of us. And I'm facing this onslaught and I'm whacking each and every thing away .... And I'm using a shield. Some of the hits make me stumble but I keep going and after each time I whack something away I shout 'I don't drink anymore'. And the harder the hits, the louder I yell. And in my mental image, sobriety is my shield. And as long as I've got my shield, I know I'm going to be ok. 24 more hours of never dropping my shield please xxx