Old 12-26-2020, 09:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Lpg

Hey

2017 I woke up from yet another binge, blacked out scared, tired & anxious because I just couldn't stop doing it. I didn't know I was an alcoholic, I was only 26 so it felt ridiculous to me I could be & I didn't believe it but I was desperate for help.
I googled 'why can't I stop drinking when I start' which led me firstly to a site for AA, done some reading & was shocked to find a pretty accurate description of my drinking, sent an email to them which then followed with more info and a checklist type thing for alcoholism, further evidence.....after a few back & forth emails they suggestes I get myself to a meeting ASAP, I wasn't ready for that.

Next link I found was SR, posted here found nothing but support. I was actually reading over my old posts yesterday I think I joined in the April and managed to make it stick by the Nov. Had to try a few more times just to be sure you know?! 😅 It was funny looking at my posts because I can see alot of immaturity there & I just couldn't get my head around it, I didn't want it to be true & it was hard to accept. I'm grateful I found SR it's really helped me change my life 360, I would prob be down a very bad hole right now if I didn't get the support I needed. Forever grateful