View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 06:20 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Optimist4ever57

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Checking in for 24.

Had a really bad start to Christmas. A minor car accident which was mainly my fault. It ruined my mood for most of the day. I didn't tell anyone at home as I wanted them all to enjoy the day. I managed to find a little peace after some reflecting. No one was hurt, it was only a minor scratch and the only cost is money. And its just the truth presenting itself: I am hopeless with cars! The family had a wonderful Christmas and everyone seemed happy and content.

Still in one piece!
Hi Kaneda! I'm so happy you didn't get hurt. It's a bummer but you're ok...

Your story about the car accident reminded me of a Christmas Eve about 20 years ago. I used to head out early on Christmas Eve to pick up last minute items. There were very few cars in the parking lot so instead of going up and down the rows, I cut through them with my Explorer. Imagine my surprise when I saw a car come barreling down one of the rows. If I stopped, I would get hit, but I could try to speed up and get past with a chance of not getting hit. I sped up and just as I thought I was safe, bam. He hit my passenger side rear. Now, if anyone remembers, there were a few years that the Explorer was prone to roll-overs...and that's exactly what happened. After the roll, I was upside down being held in by my seat belt. Thank God I wasn't hurt at all, so I popped the seat belt open and sort of fell on my side and climbed out the shattered window. It was a Christmas Miracle!!!! And a funny story to tell my family on Christmas Eve.