View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 10:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Seekinghelp2764

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
seekinghelp......since it is only 2 months that you have been a dating couple....it is still early days....and, I like bimminiblue's statement that "more will be revealed" I am so glad to hear that he has more than 2 years of being in recovery. That part is good---especially that he is attending his program on a regular basis. That is so essential for him.
The first several years of dating. for everyone. is very much an exploration period. It takes a long time to really get to know another person. It is true that all aspects of the person will. eventually, bubble to the surface in any relationshiop....it is just a matter of time. All of their most guarded issues and all of their weaknesses and vulnerabilities just bubble to the surface. trust issues---the presence or absence of it.
Yes, our relationship is in it's infancy but we are both in our forties and not spring chicken I believe in strong boundaries in a relationship. I want to make sure that I am not crossing some invisible AA boundary by even telling him that this is a cause for concern for me. I also value my boundaries which include my partner not maintaining an unhealthy connection to an ex. It's a balancing act, for sure.