View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 06:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Seekinghelp2764

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
I do understand I just think it's really two different issues perhaps.

How he handles his meetings, support etc is really on his side of the street. So if it's a distraction that concerns him, he should look at that, if you know what I mean. A person's sobriety is really up to them, only they know what is a good support and what isn't.

As for the issue of the him spending 3 hours a week in meetings with his ex, personally? I would just ask him. Ask him why he has chosen to attend a meeting with his ex who he knows is pining after him. I know that ex's can be friends in some cases, but that's obviously not the case with her? Have you discussed the issue with him at all?

Have you checked out Al-Anon? They also have online meetings now and you might find them really helpful. Lots of support for you here as well, of course.
I have not discussed the issue with him. I just asked if it is awkward to attend the same meeting as her to which he responded that it isn't and he will say hi to her if she is in the right mood. He also described her as currently "spiraling" and a mutual friend called him to say that they need to conduct an intervention. This has not talen place yet. He does communicate very openly with me but his is a fairly new relationship. You are right, it is two different issues here and one is his choice. The second is very much mine in that I can choose to address this with him. There seems to be an unhealthy attachment from her side which makes me uncomfortable.