View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 02:20 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

A repeated post for xmas day.
I awoke feeling like shite, as is oft on xmas with no immediate family. I attempted to stay in bed and languish in self misery, but the recovery tools kicked in, so I scrubbed my living space, did washing and dishes and had a shower and felt human. Then the xmas ldinner with 2 friends who are in the club we all are in- all sober. All with broken families and lots of sadness- but my incessant babbling and energy and a walk on a lovely beach got us all much lighter in mood- reminiscing about funny comedy shows that are bad, with simple- but healthy food and lots of stories. We all felt much better for making an effort.

So like every day- the lesson for me is to mindfully appreciate what I have today, not the ruminate over what was- or may have been. I am grateful for the friends and the day. My youngest son sent me a message last night and I sent my oldest a message mid morning instead of playing the 'your turn' game. He responded- so I am grateful for the contact.

Nearly 9 at night on xmas day here. I hope all have a safe, happy and peaceful xmas.