Thread: I am an addict.
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 09:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Buttery

Originally Posted by Tess1990 View Post
Thank y’all for taking the time to answer me 🙂
I just feel like I’m a horrible addict and it’s controlling me, I’ve been on pills many years and it’s like all I care about is trying to get high, on any means I can, whether it’s inhaling all my pills or stealing given the chance.
if anyone can run through all the meds I’m taking in my original post, I’d like to know how bad I really am.
like all of you have said, maybe tapering and being honest with a doc is a good idea...I’m out of work too because of the injuries, so more time to be high...
no one on here can diagnose how bad it really is. Only a doctor... we can offer support and listen (or read) here. Some amazing posts and a great place to get stuff off your chest.

in terms of how bad it is I drank 1 bottle of wine a day when I first sought help. I met people who were on 1l of vodka a day and still walking around and was shocked. Fast forward a few years I probably could have managed the 1l of vodka. So in terms of how bad it was it was I would say it was all bad but just got worse. I visited my gp,did detox treatment, group therapy, 1-1, AA, ended up in the Ed numerous times until one day that was it and I was done. I had been told that I was not going to make it 10 more years the way I was going. Suddenly made some changes, it clicked in my head how serious it had become and the implications and put in the effort. I’m now over 1 year sober and life just feels so much easier and I’m happy.

im just sharing a little or my story so you can see how the problem is individual and you can get better but it can always get worse if you don’t take action.