Old 12-17-2020, 09:06 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
drycucumber77

Hey Saber 33 , thank you for your response. It really does suck. But I have to say I really don't get all of it. I mean I get that our brains are putting themselves back together and I understand some of the PAWS symptoms -despite how horrible they are - but what I don't get is how nearly 400 days after having a panic attack which in all honesty felt like something was violently attacking my body from out of the blue - I still have these episodes where I feel like my breathing is not regulated properly. When I watch carefully, I can see that I am breathing but it just does not feel right, like part of biophysical process that normally takes part in breathing is not functioning properly, I then think I am making myself breathe manually and then fear that I might just stop breathing. I worry that my body learnt to breathe differently and frankly that terrifies me. Yesterday i walked five minutes to my car and had air hunger for no reason - I am hyper aware and hyper sensitive about this which can't help. I also smoke which does not make the feeling worse which is interesting but does elevate heart rate ect and thus anxiety ect. I don't have shortness of breath upon exertion or anything like that, it's not really shortness of breath, more like someone or something is grabbing hold of my oxygen - feels like some sinister dark spell as mad as that may sound!
I have derealization constantly and then brain fog is there most of the day as well. No fun. I have a lot of responsibility on my shoulders in my job and if the people who I have to speak to knew that I completely zone out after 15 seconds I would be in serious trouble!! What sort of therapy if I may ask? Does it help? I have no real support at all - I just kind of thought I did a year alone and that it would now get easier - somehow - but I could do with an aid. I would really love to see some of the people who have struggled and overcome PAWS come back on here and tell us how great they are feeling now.