Thread: I am an addict.
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Buttery

I think it’s great you have decide you have a problem and reach out.
personally doesn’t matter to me how and why you have pills. Addiction from ilegal substances also stems from somewhere. For me it was alcohol which is widely available and promoted, started a glass to relax, 2 glasses, 1bottle and so on until is was controlling my life and I was no longer me.

if you can I would strongly suggest the first step would to be to seek medical help to start weaning down. I don’t have experience with pills or drugs personally but alcohol detox can be a very dangerous thing if people go “cold turkey”.
the next step would be dealing with the emotions in whatever way works for you. Counselling, NA, can even join AA if you prefer. Most meetings would have no problem allowing someone with pill problem as opposed to alcohol if you found the right people for you. There are many recovery service to chose from, those are just the more commonly known ones.

It’s not an easy journey but just about everyone who has had problems with substances couldn’t see a way without them. Be we find it.