View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
woodlandlost

JW,

If I could have a do-over, I would have left 5 years ago, after her first long term affair. She wanted to make it work, but the affair kept going too.
I have learned a lot about infidelity and in particular about setial infidelity (repetitive). Had I had the forsight I would have bailed out, and would have let the test of time detrmine whether or not the relatioship was meant to be. Few cheaters are capable of outright honesty and coupled with the fact that trust is destroyed, the chances to save the relationship are incredibly diminished. Your wife sounds like a serial cheater, and is not in recovery....based on my experience that is a dead-end. I had a very similar experience; but I hung in there thinking I could save it. Let me say this, you can't save it....only two people fighting for it can save it and without that you are better off saving yourself. Sure, it hurts like nothing else, it is brutal...but let me say this, fighting for her and will only amplify the hurts. More to surely come my friend. The cheating just kept coming...don't be a doormat like I was.