Old 12-17-2020, 08:10 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
EllyB

Originally Posted by Graceful123 View Post
Yes, this was the same experience as what I had. The week at about 90 days in was probably the worst week of PAWS for me. Stay strong, if your experience is anything like mine, you're just crossed the threshold and you should begin feeling that you're slowly healing very soon. All the symptoms will still be there for quite a while but you will start noticing they will become weaker and weaker with each passing week. Work helps to take your mind off things, no matter how trivial the task at hand is so try and do work. Video games also help a little bit to detach, but at the end of the day it's only time, time, time.
Thank you for the support! I will get through this. I feel like I am disappointing my family by being almost WORSE than when I was while still drinking, but I know I can’t go back to drinking. I have to keep saying that I don’t drink anymore. A couple of things that do seem to help a little is meditation and yoga. Both are supposed to help shrink the amygdala and reduce anxiety. I was doing yoga most nights in the week when in rehab, and that helped me sleep.