Old 12-16-2020, 08:20 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Graceful123

Originally Posted by EllyB View Post
I have been lurking and while my symptoms aren’t as bad as some, I find myself really restless and physically anxious, and my heart pounds. I also seem to be getting more headaches than when I was drinking. I guess after 15+ years of dependency, it’s not surprising that I would get PAWS, but it sucks. I also have ADD, so getting things done right now is next to impossible. Fortunately haven’t had other symptoms, but I am only 3 months in, and the anxiety has gotten worse over the last month. I got out of rehab and found myself “self medicating” with a couple of shots on Sunday. Relieved the anxiety for a minute, but now the cravings are back. Trying to be positive, but feel so useless right now!
Yes, this was the same experience as what I had. The week at about 90 days in was probably the worst week of PAWS for me. Stay strong, if your experience is anything like mine, you're just crossed the threshold and you should begin feeling that you're slowly healing very soon. All the symptoms will still be there for quite a while but you will start noticing they will become weaker and weaker with each passing week. Work helps to take your mind off things, no matter how trivial the task at hand is so try and do work. Video games also help a little bit to detach, but at the end of the day it's only time, time, time.