Old 12-14-2020, 02:47 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
drycucumber77

Good afternoon all, it has been a while since I posted on here. I hope you are all doing much better and welcome the new comers! I went back to the chemists about three weeks ago absolutely determined that I could find a combination to ease my symptoms and thought a few days later that I had!

A combination of a cognitive vitamin, a vitamin B, D3, Magnesium and Zinc...I felt a lot better for three weeks and now here we are again...with the brain fog, feeling like an idiot in a conversation that goes longer than one minute, like I am in some other alternate universe, muscle pains, headache, the breathing thing which is not actually a breathing thing ( I hope)... moodier than a pregnant lady that has found out she is about to have triplets and no one gets the moods..It's really unreal. I went to a party the other day for a friend who celebrated the end of sober October - hysterical, been to loads of social events actually - not drinking not an issue for me - not drinking and feeling all those symptoms still looking like a jittery mess- problem for me. I passed the one year mark at the beginning of December.I feel like I've done my time and am getting really, really, really frustrated. Some sites say PAWS lasts one year, other sites say PAWS lasts for up to two years...these are sites that would not stand to benefit in any way on playing PAWS down...either way .. I'm pretty upset that I'm now in my second year... I can't imagine what paws must be like for people who have abused alcohol for 40 years...who would want to spend years and years like this? Who could?

Paws to me seems to be like a complete nervous breakdown - where your body cannot handle the amount of stress you have in your life and deal with what you are putting in to your body....and if you are overweight with a poor diet and lifestyle choices like me...it just makes it worse...But here is the kicker - this year I have lost nearly 20 kilos and have not had one drink and in a way actually feel worse!
But booze gets all the blame every time. I'm my worst critic..but I know I should be back together by now.

I am now on about day 380...for everyone out there on good days and bad days...it has not been like that for me at all...there have been many really bad days, some days that were pretty bad, and a few days which were kind of normal but not....