View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 02:16 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Hey Canadian Koala! Good to see you. Chime in any time, we're all equals here.
Hey Carlos!

I been having a spell of the BPPV spins. With something called nystagmus, which is uncontrollable rapid eye movement. I'm milking it for all it's worth, so feel free to deny sympathy. All I've ever really had wrong with me before was drug addiction, alcoholism, and a mild case of crazies, so all-in-all healthwise, I been super-lucky.

Was having some thoughts the other day about drugs and alcohol. I used to be a heavy weed-smoker, back in the old old days. I tapered off when I got further in to harder drugs and booze. But still smoked from time to time, but ever-more rarely. Then the last time I smoked, maybe 20 years ago, I had a scary episode of major paranoia. And I've been scared ever since, even 20 years later, to smoke again. They can legalize it all they want, I'm pretty phobic.

Nowadays I feel the same way about booze. It's after that one time I relapsed. That was so scary, because in just an instant it took over my life again, and because in a week I ended up crawling across the floor, terrified I was falling into a void. So attractive sometimes as a snifter or even sometimes a cheap pint may sound, I'm done.

If anybody reading this is still drinking, and hates their life, I recommend you do whatever it takes to get sober. The most comforting thought I ever think is, "I never have to drink again."