View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 02:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Aellyce

Attachment to the good things in our lives is perfectly normal, but most things change one way or another. It's not addiction to appreciate and not want to lose good things, and a home is very important for everyone. I've never been very attached to an apartment (maybe because I never really loved any of mine that much so far), but feel a bit similarly about the city where I live and loved dearly before the pandemic. I moved around a lot and this city was the first place where I really felt like home and planned to settle down here for a very long time. Now I am questioning it and contemplating moving...

It's annoying to be forced to lose many of the things I enjoyed so much before, but the situation may be a bit similar to your apartment thing - who knows what comes next? Maybe an even better phase or/and place? In this sense I very much agree with the other posters above who said moving might open up an equally valuable, or perhaps even better, era and condition? Maybe it's also useful to know now what sorts of things you appreciated so much - can look for similar or improved versions in the future. I personally would not compare this to breaking an addiction or a healthy breakup in a relationship even if it's uncomfortable. Having a good home wasn't destructive for you, I'm guessing... probably more the opposite