Old 12-08-2020, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Seekingadvice2

Help! Meth Issue: Need advice on an employee with a meth addiction

I have an employee that has been working for my family for years. Members of his family have made comments about it or alluded to a meth issue and I had heard from my family member that he did in fact have a problem. This family member of mine hired him years ago and seemed to know his limitations. He had been a really good working and seemed kind, respectful. What I did know was that sometimes, he just would just not show up for work or would show up sick or start vomiting at work or he’d get moody and leave in the middle of a job...no explanation.He is very thin. If he gets any skinnier, he won’t exist.

However, I always thought he was very nice and never was concerned in a way that scared me.

Last night, he turned from the mr jekyll to mr hyde - a person i didn’t know. Suddenly, he revealed that he had this building anger inside toward me, paranoia feelings and hatred. He ranted that “i don't trust him and why did i choose to do this or that. Is it because i don't trust him and I'm lying to him”. He demanded to come get something that he left here. I said its not a good time and offered to wait an hour. He was rude and disrespectful in his delivery. He said ... ahhh, no, Im coming now.

This was not the person I thought I knew...not at all. I was shocked. He’d never acted this way over the years i knew him.

Is this a sign of meth use or withdraw and if so, will he return to normal after a few days.Im a bit scared and not sure how to move forward. I did trust him more until this incident. Now, my guard it heightened.

I could use some advice on this and how i should handle it ... and what i might expect from this point forward.